The Scottish Press Awards seek to encourage and promote high standards of journalism and to recognise professional skills.
- Journalists and photographers working for print and/or digital newspapers and magazines published in Scotland.
- Scottish based journalists and photographers producing work exclusively on Scottish affairs for non-Scottish print or online publications.
Entries must have been published between 1st January and 31st December 2020
Fee: £21.60 (£18 plus VAT) per entry
Payment to be received along with your completed entry from by the closing date of Wednesday, 3rd March
Methods of payment;
By Cheque – Payable to Event Consultants Scotland
By Paypal – To make payment via Pay Pal – please follow this link paypal.me/pressawards
By Bank Transfer – Royal Bank of Scotland, 2 Bernard Street, Edinburgh EH6 6PY | a/c Name: Event Consultants Scotland Ltd | Sort Code: 83-24-18 | a/c No: 00650551
Payment must be made by the deadline to qualify.
Please reference your full name when making payments
HOW TO ENTER:
Please download the entry form here. Entries are to be submitted electronically except where stated otherwise. Digital entries must have live links on the entry form. Please make sure the link will still be available at the time of judging at the end of April.
By Dropbox – If you wish to add your files into the Scottish Press Awards Dropbox folder, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request permission to share
By We Transfer – To send files via We Transfer, please follow the steps on the We Transfer website. It is important that you follow up with an email letting the team know that these files have been sent.
By Email – please email your entry to email@example.com
Please note that emails with attachments over 6MB size will not be accepted by our server.
By Post – *Please note new address* 31 Carfrae Gardens, Edinburgh EH4 3SR
PLEASE NOTE – All emails are acknowledged by Event Consultants Scotland, so if you haven’t heard from us we haven’t received your entry. Please get in touch!
All entries should be emailed to submitted as above no later than Wednesday 3rd March
- Each category is open to individual journalists only, with the exception of Front Page, Journalism Team, Campaign, Local/Weekly Campaign, Best Coverage of a Live Event, News Website and Weekly/Daily/Sunday Newspaper of the Year categories.
- An entry is defined as an entry form plus THREE articles (unless otherwise stated in the category criteria).
- Each article attached to an entry must be submitted as ONE ATTACHMENT. We cannot accept multiple attachments or merge them on your behalf. Each article must be submitted in the way you want it to be seen by the judges. Please merge files before entering.
- All entries must be approved by the entrant and the editor of at least one publication (in the case of entries submitting articles/photographs from different publications). We can accept an editor’s signature on your entry form or an email from the editor approving your entry. Entries without either will not qualify.
- Judges may, at their discretion, transfer a submission from one category to another if appropriate.
- Articles must be written in the English language.
- If a submission does not adhere to the rules, it will be subject to disqualification at the discretion of the judges. The judges’ decision is final.
- The number of entries per category is unlimited; however the number of shortlisted entries per category will be limited to two per title.
- Sending articles as links, please use you attached the correct, live link. The link must be viewable for 6 months after the closing date to be accessible for judges throughout the judging process. If the website requires a log in or membership, please provide details, if not your entry may not be counted.
TIPS FOR ENTERING THE SCOTTISH PRESS AWARDS
To help us log and save your entries as efficiently as possible, we would be grateful in you could follow these guidelines when preparing each entry;
SAVING YOUR ENTRIES
- Please save your entry as follows,
If you are entering as an individual please save the folder by your surname, followed by your first name
Example; Smith, John (Please note the space after the comma and before the surname)
If you are entering as a publication please save it as the name of the publication
Supporting articles should be provided as pdf files and saved as Art1, Art2, Art3 and must correspond with the Entry form
If there is more than 1 page in the supporting article, these must be merged into one file, in order of how it should be read
- Photographs should be saved as full colour jpg files and named in order as Pic1, Pic2, Pic3 etc. For the accompanying cuttings, please save as Pic1a, Pic2a etc.
- Please only send a supporting statement if you are entering Newspaper / Weekly Newspaper of the Year.
- Please save your entry from as Entry Form
HARD COPY ENTRIES
We can accept hard copies of entries in the following three categories only if you are unable to send them electronically.
Daily, Sunday and Weekly Newspaper of the Year
- Please send us one set of three non-consecutive issues along with a 500 word supporting statement by the editor.
COMPLETING THE ENTRY FORM
We use the entry form to ensure we have received all of the correct articles/pictures and to check that the criteria have been met (e.g. article published within the qualifying date range/Young Journalist 25 or under at the time of publication). We also check every form for the entrant and editor’s signatures.
- Please complete the entry form in full, including listing the articles/pictures submitted.
- If you are entering Journalism Team, Campaign or Local/Weekly Campaign, please provide a name/description for your story/series/campaign.
- If you cannot get an editor’s signature, please ask them to email us with their approval of your entry.
- We are happy accepting electronic signatures.
- You only need to enter your date of birth when entering the Young Journalist category.
ALL ENTRIES WILL BE ACKNOWLEDGED TO THE PERSON WHO SENDS THEM – THEREFORE IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE WORD AN ENTRY HAS BEEN RECEIVED, PLEASE CHECK WITH OUR ADMINISTRATION TEAM ON 07774 685973 or email firstname.lastname@example.org