Click here to see the 40th Scottish Press Awards shortlist. Congratulations to all our finalists!
- Journalists and photographers working for print and/or digital newspapers and magazines published in Scotland.
- Scottish based journalists and photographers producing work exclusively on Scottish affairs for non-Scottish print or online publications.
Entries must have been published between 1st January and 31st December 2018.
- Each category is open to individual journalists only, with the exception of Front Page, Journalism Team, Digital Team and Campaign categories.
- An entry is defined as an entry form plus THREE articles (unless otherwise stated in the category criteria, i.e. Photographer, Campaign and Journalism Team categories can enter more than three).
- Each article attached to an entry must be submitted as ONE ATTACHMENT. We cannot accept multiple attachments or merge them on your behalf. Each article must be submitted in the way you want it to be seen by the judges. To merge them into one file before being submitted please visit https://www.pdfmerge.com/.
- All entries must be approved by the entrant and the editor of at least one publication (in the case of entrants submitting articles/photographs from different publications). We can accept an editor’s signature on your entry form or an email from the editor approving your entry. Entries without either will not qualify.
- Judges may, at their discretion, transfer a submission from one category to another if appropriate.
- Articles must be written in the English language.
- If a submission does not adhere to the rules, it will be subject to disqualification at the discretion of the judges. The judges’ decision is final.
- The number of entries per category is unlimited, however the number of shortlisted entries per category will be limited to two per title.
ALL ENTRIES WILL HAVE BEEN ACKNOWLEDGED TO THE PERSON WHO SENT THEM – THEREFORE IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE WORD AN ENTRY HAS BEEN RECEIVED, PLEASE CHECK WITH OUR ADMINISTRATION TEAM ON 0131 557 5767 OR EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org.
The shortlist will be published in March 2019 and the winners will be announced at the Awards Ceremony and Dinner on Thursday 25th April at The DoubleTree by Hilton Glasgow Central.